Professional Resume of:
Natalya Mann, Ph.D. (Linguistics),
Russian Translator & Professional Educator
Mail: Natalya Mann, PO Box 5, Willard, MO 65781
- Native Russian, from Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad)
- Ph.D., (Linguistics), 1996
- Post-Graduate studies: Volgograd Pedagogical State University, Russia.
- Specialties: General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Psycholinguistics.
- Master of Education, 1983
- Major: English, Minor: German
- Completed Medical Program qualifying me as a Russian civil defense nurse, 1980.
- Studied Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics at the Economical Department of the Volgograd Civil Engineering Institute, 1975.
- 2001-present: Teaching the Russian language and related courses on culture and literature at Missouri State University as a Per Course faculty.
- 1998-2000: Teaching German by interactive television at Ozarks Technical Community College, Springfield, Missouri.
- 1997-present: Language translation Russian/English through the internet and telephone language interpretation (self employed)
- 1989-1996: Teacher of Business English and Lexicology at the Volgograd State Pedagogical University, Volgograd, Russia.
- 1984-1989: Teacher of English grades 5-11 and the high/middle school No-6 in Prokhladny, Kabardino-Balkaria, Russia.
- 1985-1987: Elected Court Juror (2-year term), Prokhladny, Russia.
- I have 4 articles on linguistics published in Russian scientific journals.